Credit Controller - Shopping Center
Ho Chi Minh City
Reporting to the Head Accountant, the Credit Controller will manage and coordinate the collection of outstanding amounts in accordance with Savills and Landlord’s policies, ensuring all monies are collected in a timely fashion, and any queries, problems or complaints are attended to in a prompt and efficient manner to ensure payment can be agreed and collected. Effective and timely implementation of the Credit Control process is integral to the smooth performance and fulfillment of the role of Credit Controller.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review an effective and efficient Credit Control System.
- Support credit control activities through daily administration of debt recovery procedures.
- Maintain the credit management process based on industry best practice, market conditions and the Landlords requirements and philosophy
- Maintain a constant focus on the policy of zero arrears.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in review & refinement of the credit control systems & procedures
- Develop effective business and working relationships with Tenants to facilitate efficient collection of outstanding amounts.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Tenant details and account records for debt collection purposes.
- Liaise with Lease Administrator to ensure all details and key dates are accurate and up to date to 100% accuracy.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner, reviewing daily banking.
- Pursue overdue debts by telephone, email and letter within agreed timeframes, ensuring telephone contact is made at the earliest possible stage on overdue accounts
- Generate cyclical debt reminder correspondence with account statements, reminder letters etc
- Check all reminder correspondence for 100% accuracy and appropriateness before issue.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity, monitoring and following up on reminders where necessary.
- Maintaining aged debts records and proactively monitoring incoming payments.
- Identify changes in payment patterns of Tenants and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Handle disputed accounts and clarify and/or negotiate to achieve payment from the Tenant within agreed terms.
- Undertake account reconciliations (from time to time being complex) as required
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Escalate issues through appropriate channels in a timely manner, evaluate accounts for debt collection and legal action, preparing files for transfer to Landlord’s Legal Counsel.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including tenant arrears reports, in a timely and accurate manner, provide ad-hoc reporting as and when requested.
- Produce regular cash flow forecasts with commentary and financial analysis.
- Post payments to Tenant accounts and allocate as required, completing accurate and timely allocation of Tenant payments to accounts as required.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Participate in the process of issuing invoices / Tenant statements.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Remain up to date with new credit management techniques and practices, seeking to improve departmental processes and procedures in terms of invoicing, follow up, query management etc.
- Prepare reports on bad debts provisions and irrecoverable debts
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head Accountant, the Client or Savills Vietnam.
- Three years or more credit control experience, familiar with accounts procedures, customer (tenant) accounts, preferably having worked within a property / lettings environment and has an understanding of tenancy agreements.
- Proficiency on software programmes including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as proficiency on Property Management Software Systems.
- Impeccable telephone manner, articulate, polite yet firm with a no nonsense approach.
- Adhere to total confidentiality in the handling and administration of sensitive or confidential data, documents or information.
- A commanding knowledge of spreadsheet accounting software and other computer applications relating to the work.
- Exposure to pursuing debts from high turnover, large revenue accounts comparable to major retailers.
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyse numerical information
Professional Behavior Expectations
- Mature, professional attitude with experience in communicating at all levels
- Willingness to take responsibility, show drive & initiative, and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle numerous duties simultaneously, prioritize accordingly and organize workload to meet multiple deadlines.
- Pro-active & reliable with a hands-on and flexible approach.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable events, remaining calm under pressure
- Well developed and effective decision making capabilities
- Strong analytical, negotiation and excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Can maintain a professional performance in confrontational or heated situations
- A willingness to be flexible with duties
- High standard of numeracy, performing job functions with high attention to detail, speed and accuracy, while committed to providing outstanding service.
- Ability to be tenacious and assertive when required.
- Very detailed in thought and process.
- A self-starter who is pro-active and can set & achieve goals.
- Demonstrates a positive and receptive attitude in all situations
How To Apply
Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. We offer attractive remuneration and excellent prospects for the right candidate.
Tran Thi Thu Hang
Savills Ho Chi Minh City
+84 8 3823 9205